Communities that support the Ready Kindergartner:
- Provide access to the resources necessary to ensure good health and optimal physical, social/emotional and cognitive development.
- Create environments in which children:
- Can grow and develop in the absence of fear, stress, danger and hunger.
- Have access to needed pediatric, dental and mental health resources.
- Spend their days in nurturing, language-rich, and developmentally supportive environments (whether a loving home, a high-quality early education setting or both).
- Are cared for by loving adults attentive to their physical, emotional and developmental needs.